Welcome to Adoption Doctors
We’d love to meet you and help navigate the medical complexities of your referral.
Addressing the Special Meeds of Domestic and Internationall Adopted Children, ur Services
Our Domestic u0026amp; International Medicine Adoption Program is designed to help adopting parents navigate the medical, social and psychological aspects of the adoption process, while giving you the tools and knowledge in order to help you make the right decision for your family. We provide pre-adoption evaluations and medical reviews (once a child has been identified) for children from countries all over the world, as well as general Pediatric care afterwards.
Our Adoption Physicians have expertise in adoptive children with special needs, including fetal alcohol syndrome, HIV, cerebral palsy, cleft lip and palate, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other medical and behavioral disorders in adopted children.
Pre-Adoption Consultations and Medical Reviews
Prior to adopting your child, our international adoption medicine experts can help you:
- identify potential medical issues based on a child’s geography and care setting
- review medical records and photos that have been provided (once a child has been identified)
- help you determine potential long-term medical care needs and challenges
- provide on-call telemedicine and support during adoption-related travel
These evaluations are typically covered by insurance and would include:
- 3–4 visits to our office on Long Island New York with your child and family
- determining any prescription, immunization and medical equipment needs
- referrals to other specialists if needed to help come to a specific diagnosis.
- the creation of an individualized long-term care plan for your child and family.
Long Term Pediatric Care
For patients that live on Long Island New York, after the formalities of the Post Adoption Evaluation are officially completed. General Pediatric Care is offered by the same doctors in our Private practice in Commack and Bayshore.
Routine Check Ups
Acute u0026amp; Urgent Care
General Pediatric Care
Pediatric Weight Management